Re: GNOME 2.8 focus

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 09:54 +0200, Marius Andreiana wrote:
> Hi
> What's the GNOME 2.8 focus?

AFAIK, we've never had a focus. It ends up being what people decide to
hack on, although it's nice for maintainers with plans to post what
those plans are to d-d-l. But, comments below regardless... :)

[All my own opinion, not representing anyone else here]

> Your opinion about these?
>
> * stability - less than 1000 unresolved bugs (excluding enhancements) in
> bugzilla. Make bugsquad more like a QA team? (not only triaging, but
> also testing and finding new bugs, verifying fixes)

Does GNOME have a stability issue? If anyone thinks it does, I'd love to
hear personal opinions either on gnome-bugsquad@ or privately.

We have sometimes informally talked about QA within the bugsquad - not
formal QA, we don't need to verify fixes because that's not fixing any
current problem with the process, imho - but having a larger focus on
testing. That's something I'm particularly interested in promoting and
leading, but manpower is a bit of a problem. Also, it's much easier to
have such an initiative with binary CVS snaps than when any testing
guide has to start off with "well to build this beast..." :)

[PS. If someone was to suddenly find themselves with spare cash and
wanted to donate a build host...]

--
Andrew Sobala <aes gnome org>