Re: Proposal for a new g-c-c menu layout for GNOME 2.8

Hi,

On Fri, 2004-03-26 at 01:22, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> my proposal (+ several screenshots to explain it) are in
> http://www.ultimaorbita.com/~garnacho/control-center-proposal/

That's what can I say here, IMHO:

* As said in the thread, I endorse to put preferences in a menu outside
the Applications one. It could be called Desktop Preferences, since none
of the menu elements inside start a subtantial application... It also
will reduce the deep in one level...
* I cannot see the point about having an Accessibility submenu in
Preferences (with the same name and icon as in the Apps menu).
* As said in the thread, the Advanced name doesn't tell anything useful
about its contents. Furthermore, it makes me feel that Advanced name is
a Joker for the things that-I-don't-know-where-to-put-them...
* Why the Keyboard Shortcuts are outside of the Keyboard itself?

An some proposals for reordering:

- Keyboard accessibility in the Desktop behaviour, integrated with
'normal' keyboard (what's the point about having it twice?)
- Put Network Proxy in the System Tools
- Panel in Desktop Appearence
- Put Font - Menus & Toolbars in Theme

Otherwise, I like this proposal... ;-)