Re: Plans for 2.8 - GNOME Managed Language Services?

The embrace and extend strategy allows an incumbant to absorb a competitive
advantage of a competing system, then add extensions to introduce
compatibilities so that users are forced onto the dominant platform to be
able to interoperate.  Embrace and extend won't work the other way around.
If you try it, it ends up being "embrace and get clobbered by Microsoft."