Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 17:39 +0200, Cedric Marcone wrote:

> Hey Mr "Prof. Dr." ...
>
> stop the FUD, and use a brain cell :
>
> start gconf editor , navigate to apps/nautilus/preferences :
>
> There's a key named "always_use_browser". Isn't it a well choosen name ?

That's really rude and inappropriate.  Please be polite.  I see nothing
wrong with his asking--firing up gconf-editor myself, I see the
following entries under /, all of which look like they might plausibly
contain the key being sought:
   /apps
   /desktop
   /GNOME
   /system
and perhaps even
   /extra

Sure, since I happen to know more about gconf, I would be more likely to
look under /apps, but it's not obvious to everyone that such is the
place to start looking.

The name does make sense once you know it, but it doesn't mean that it's
easy to discover.

Elijah