Re: Gnome 2.6: What were you thinking?

On tor, 2004-05-13 at 10:04 -0600, Andreas J. Guelzow wrote:
> On Thu, 2004-05-13 at 09:39, Cedric Marcone wrote:
> > Hey Mr "Prof. Dr." ...
> >
> > stop the FUD, and use a brain cell :
>
> Excuse me?

Yeah, agree, this was totally uncalled for.

> > There's a key named "always_use_browser". Isn't it a well choosen name ?
>
> It is only a well "chosen" name if you realize that `browser' here does
> not refer to nautilus interaction with web browsers.
>
> In any case, I have to decide whether to install gnome 2.6, stick with
> gnome 2.4 or to change to KDE. In the moment (and after I was told in a
> long thread on another gnome list that gnumeric is in fact not part of
> GNOME) the latter looks like the most likely result. Being insulted
> after asking a simple question, does not persuade me to stay a part of
> the GNOME community.

I don't think you should judge the entire GNOME community because
someone on a mailing list insults you. That would be most unfortunate
since all the GNOME lists are open and anyone can post on them...

If you switch to KDE I would think it's because of more than the fact
that you have to change a key in GConf and is of course your decision.

Gnumeric is part of GNOME Office which is a separate bundling of
applications.

Best Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--