Re: GNOME Bounties

Mike

Quoting Mike Chavoustie <chavoumd clarkson edu>:

> Forgive my newbness, but I'm curious as to why some of the solved GNOME
> bounties aren't in GNOME yet [1,2, among others].  They certainly
> represent some of the coolest features of GNOME and key differentiators
> between GNOME and {Windows, KDE, etc}, yet they're not yet available to
> GNOME users.

At least with the two items you mentioned. Neither of them has been proposed for
GNOME yet. Nautilus-Sendto is a very recent feature, which I am hoping to see
merged into Nautilus at some point soon (Nautilus Maintainers might share a
different view). I personally want to merge the contact applet into
gnome-applets for 2.10 even if I have to fork my own version!! (ok, so I'm
kidding about the forking).

Basically when the release cycle reached it's milestone last time, their
maintainers didn't consider the software ready, and so it wasn't proposed.
However keep the faith, and wait to see what we get in "GNOME 10".

--d

--
http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/

PGP Fingerprint <http://davyd.ucc.asn.au/pgp>
08B0 341A 0B9B 08BB 2118  C060 2EDD BB4F 5191 6CDA