Re: GNOME Bounties

On Wed, Nov 03, 2004 at 05:15:41PM +0100, Hongli Lai wrote:
> Mike Chavoustie wrote:
> >Forgive my newbness, but I'm curious as to why some of the solved GNOME
> >bounties aren't in GNOME yet [1,2, among others].  They certainly
> >represent some of the coolest features of GNOME and key differentiators
> >between GNOME and {Windows, KDE, etc}, yet they're not yet available to
> >GNOME users.
>
> I think it's because some module maintainers are not willing to
> cooporate. For example the Gaim developers. They don't accept patches.
> They're always "too busy" (too busy for the next 10 years to even take a
> look at patches). A lot of patches are completely ignored.

If you want a gaim patch looked at for bounty purposes, you have to
contact Sean directly. The rest of us aren't supposed to commit those.
Otherwise, they would certainly be looked at.

Christian

--
Christian Hammond         <>  The Galago Project
chipx86 gnupdate org      <>  http://galago.sourceforge.net/