Re: Improving GNOME Volume Manager

On Sun, 2004-11-07 at 09:18 +0100, Luca Ferretti wrote:
> The most annoying issue of GNOME volume manager is that you have to
> manually write the command line to manage the inserted media.
>
> I like to open (or comment if it yet exist) a bug against it, but I like
> to know if my proposed solution is implementable.

I think what we want to do going forward is put the different g-v-m
settings wherever they belong.  That might mean adding new MIME type(s),
but I think for most if not all of the current settings, we really want
to put the options in Preferred Applications.

What we really want is something separate from MIME types, like
Capabilities, so we can list e.g. all the mail readers or all the photo
apps on the system.  Mac OS X can do this.  Using MIME types for this
purpose will work, though.

If we want to add the capabilities using MIME types, your spec looks
spot on.

	Robert Love