Re: GNOME 2.10 module proposal: libnotify and notification-daemon

On Mon, 2004-11-08 at 11:07 +0800, James Henstridge wrote:
> Rodrigo Moya wrote:
>
> >but gnome-settings-daemon is in control-center, so shouldn't g-s-d be
> >just an extension to gnome-session? gnome-session is always started, so
> >it can just load any plugins, avoiding the fork of more than one single
> >process.
> >

> Remember that if gnome-session dies, your whole session exits.  If
> gnome-settings-daemon (or some other session daemon) dies, it can be
> restarted.  Allowing possibly buggy code to be loaded into something as
> important as gnome-session doesn't sound like a great idea.

right, please see my proposal at
http://rodrigo.gnome-db.org/news.php?8/November/2004

If there is interest in having this, I might be able to get something
done during the GNOME Hackers meeting in Madrid
(http://live.gnome.org/Madrid2004)
--
Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo gnome-db org>