Re: Menubar (and Empty Default Desktop) Proposals for GNOME 2.10

<quote who="Shaun McCance">

> Add a Places menu or something similar on the menu bar?  Sure, go ahead.
> Make the desktop empty by default?  That's just pointless.

I'm not necessarily proposing this for GNOME, but it is not pointless. It
just means you don't have the 'special' icons there (which you can get to in
the menu). You can put all the stuff on the desktop you want. But we're not
doubling up stuff on the desktop and in menus (which is where it is easy to
access in all cases).

- Jeff

--
linux.conf.au 2005: Canberra, Australia                http://linux.conf.au/

   "People keep asking me why we aren't married, and he says, 'Every time
   I am about to ask you, you do something annoying'." - Kate Beckinsale