Re: Browsing deep hierarchies in spatial mode

Merhaba,

On Sat, 2004-11-20 at 14:40 -0500, Havoc Pennington wrote:
> There used to be a KDE menu for the filesystem hierarchy that was fun to
> play with, because you could easily get huge numbers of items in a
> single menu, or a zillion levels of submenu. You'd run out of screen
> space on the right, then submenus start appearing to the left, then you
> get back to the left side, then start going right again... pretty good
> torture test for the menu code anyhow to make a huge zigzag all over the
> screen ;-)

In about half of my attempts I have been failing to get deeper into the
hierarchy after the menu code blows on the face of the screen. Hovering
around can easily cause a few sub-menu-folders to get hidden back, which
is expected. Total mess.

I'm sorry, I think I lost the entry point of the discussion. What were
we talking about? :)

What's wrong with spatial browsing? It works very well for me.
--
Enver ALTIN                   |        http://skyblue.gen.tr/
Software developer @ Parkyeri |      http://www.parkyeri.com/