Re: ARC & GNOME [Was: How we make decisions...]

Jeff:

<quote who="Brian Cameron">

The ARC process is similar in some ways to the GEP process.  So if there
is an interest in the community to review this process and determine how
to make it better and less painful, then I would like to let you know that
within Sun there is a similar interest in making our process better and
less painful.

Perhaps this is an area where Sun and the GNOME community could work
together, review each other's processes and see if we can figure out a way
to make each others process more fun and useful for everyone.

I, for one, welcome our new ARC leaders. ;-) Is there any ARC documentation
online that we could read?

Thanks, Jeff.  Over the past several months I have been working with the Sun
ARC community towards having better engagements with FOSS (Free/Open Source
Software) projects, and the GNOME project specifically.  Right now they are
reviewing the GEP process and getting a better understanding of it.  Once
they are done with that, I think they will start contributing to the
discussion.  Might take a few days, though.

--

Brian