Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

<quote who="Colin Walters">

> I think the answer to that is that GNOME should target GStreamer; apps use
> the GStreamer source and sink provided from the GConf keys.  Then we
> simply drop esound, and state that it is assumed that the target platform
> provides sound mixing via one mechanism or another.  GNOME distributors
> can change the default sink key.

Won't that involve *everything* being linked to GStreamer via libgnome? (Not
that I don't like the idea, but it has to be asked...)

- Jeff

--
Ubuntu in Mataró, Spain: December 5th-18th      http://www.ubuntulinux.org/

      "Trying to get a PC to analyse one of the most abstract forms of
   language - the poem - is like trying to drill for oil with a banana."
                               - The Register