Re: Polypaudio for Gnome 2.10, the next steps

On Tue, Nov 23, 2004 at 06:07:55PM +0100, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> That terminal server stuff isn't as exotic as you might think.  You
> know that Microsoft pushes that Terminal Server stuff in Windows with
> all its power, do you? Terminals are quite common in today's
> industry. Consider those nifty Sun Ray machines. Sun wouldn't produce
> them if nobody buys them.

This is true where I work.  We don't have individual workstations.  We actually
use VNC to connect to Linux machines while keeping Windows as the primary
desktop.  Terminal services is used a lot these days as it's cheaper
to get large multiproc machines with large memories and then run multiple
desktops on them for everyone.

sri