Re: libgnomesu [was Re: Proposed modules: my consensus so far]

On Thu, 2004-11-25 at 10:09 +0100, Alexander Larsson wrote:
> Not only does it have a lot, we've removed (sometimes useful) stuff from
> it already trying to get it to a useful size. Please be very very very
> cautious in adding items to the menu that are not just for some specific
> type of file.

Instead of making the user explicitly invoke root, could we instead have
it automatic? So if you perform an action that would need root
permission, it would give you a dialog box that would a) detail what
action would be taken, b) warn about potential system damage and c) ask
for the root password?