Re: Not OK computer:/// [was Re: Should Desktop = Home?]

On Mon, 4 Oct 2004, Tom von Schwerdtner wrote:

> Date: Mon, 04 Oct 2004 19:14:52 -0400
> From: Tom von Schwerdtner <tvon etria com>
> To: Alan Horkan <horkana maths tcd ie>
> Cc: Desktop Devel <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
> Subject: Re: Not OK computer:///   [was Re: Should Desktop = Home?]
>
> On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 22:48 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
>
> > this message talks of the joys of having ~/Desktop
> > which i encourage you to read
> >
> > http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2003-May/msg00674.html
> > and a followup message reacts "Please God No" in response to
> > start-here:///
> > which was my reaction to seeing
> > computer:///
> >
> > Why do people keep creating new protocols?

> I think this starts out sounding pretty good until you hear the counter
> arguments that some people have already posted to the list :)

Like what?

this list or the nautilus list or other?

because of whatever HTML email and quoting you were using

If the arguements it were so good surely at least one of them would
have been memorably enough that you could have mentioned it?

I wait for your response, I hope you can provide with a little more
information to increase my chances of actually being able to find the
arguements you speak of.

- Alan