Re: Should Desktop = Home?

Hi Alan,

On Mon, 2004-10-04 at 21:42 +0100, Alan Horkan wrote:
> I dont particularly want my "Maildir", "share" or my "www" folder on my
> desktop and that is not counting all the other folders I have since added
> like ~/Documents* and ~/cvs" and ~/devel ~/Screenshots ~/Bugs and many
> more.

Maildir, Screenshots and could very well be tidied up into ~/Documents

cvs, devel and bugs could very well be tidied up into ~/Work

www, share (and others) could probably go into ~/Documents/Public

With this, few rules I've reduced your example from 9 to 2 directories
on ~/

Knowing it better (like you do), you can surely reduce the rest :)

If there's a broken app that creates something (like old evolution, old
nsmail) or some directory/file you're forced to have on ~/, those
directories/files can be added to ~/.hidden and nautilus won't show
them!

Hugs, Rui

+ So let's do it...?