Re: On the spatial nautilus and the file selector

On Wed, 1 Sep 2004, Daniel Poersch wrote:

This could really be nice!!!

Agreed, looks & sounds like a refreshing idea.

BUT: Never, ever replace the old behaviour, I know friends which hit
the 'Save'-Button 3 times just to be sure the document is really saved.

We all know these people. They have been conditioned to do so because of bad experiences with unreliable software. But that should never ever be an argument for not improving the way "our" software works.

The people don't trust in computers and such an automatic way wouldn't
be good for them.

That sounds a bit overly paternalistic, if I may say so.

regards,

--
Reinout van Schouwen			student of Artifical Intelligence
email: reinout cs vu nl			mobile phone: +31-6-44360778