Re: MIME interface suggestions

On Iau, 2004-09-02 at 17:59, Sri Ramkrishna wrote:
> Back in the Eazel days, Nautilus had a concept of "user levels" where
> one could change user levels to advanced, neophyte etc etc.

And everyone confident is "advanced" and everyone nervous is
"neophyte" and/or insulted. Palm seems somehow to have captured the
notion of exploration - as you explore an app you find features but it
never forces them on you.

> Perhaps, we
> could use that idea as  way to add things to the context menu.  I mean
> if people want lots of stuff in their context menu who are we to stand
> in their way?  But at least wtih user levels we could still target our
> main audience.

Why do you need "user levels". Providing the user adds stuff to their
context menu thent they ought to be allowed to do so. The problem is if
the applications, the install and the like suddenely give a user 30
options they didn't want.

The two are very different.