Re: MIME interface suggestions

Dnia 02-09-2004, czw o godzinie 15:49 -0700, Sri Ramkrishna napisał:
> Sure, the idea is probably unworkable.  But I remember that it's nice to
> be able to assign buckets but it breaks down more because of emotional
> issues than anything else.  :-)
>
> I think what I'm thinking about in my head in lieu of user levels is the
> idea of being to apply a filter after all that is what a user level is,
> right?  Filtering out what is complex and leaving behind things that are
> the right level.  I have no idea how that would work out and it might
> just be added complexity with very little gain.

The main mistake of user level is assumption that more proficiency ==
ability and desire to handle greater number of settings / choices /
possibilities, which is totally untrue. After 10y of using computer, I'm
even more likely to have developed "my" set of apps / settings /
whatever, so I'm in no way interested in handling 20 options if I have
precisely one, maybe two of them that are enough to get job done.

Cheers,
Maciej

--
"Tautologizm to coś tautologicznego"