Re: request for freeze breakage 2/2

Hi,

On Mon, 2004-09-06 at 22:18, Alan Cox wrote:
> On Llu, 2004-09-06 at 18:09, Ronald S. Bultje wrote:
> > As do large PC suppliers nowadays. I do want to use the patch at some
> > point. Just not now. Gnome CD has never worked on those computers and
> > now it just still doesn't. I consider the regressions worse, however.
> > We'll fix it, test it, test it again and come out with something that
> > works for everybody in GNOME 2.10.
>
> "Why do I have no CD audio" is one of the common questions I hear on
> newbie lists nowdays, and essentially no PC supplier includes that cable
> now so IMHO (if practical) it would be good to see it in 2.8.1 as well
> as 2.10.*

I know, I've seen it a lot as well. Like I said, the patch isn't bad,
we've just seen some issues and would like to resolve those before
exposing it to the user. Until then, we'd rather not break Gnome-CD for
the users for who it works right now.

I'm not sure if 2.8.1 is allowed (is this part of the feature freeze?).
If it is, and this is possible schedule-wise, we'll definately try it.
Just not 2.8.0.

Ronald

[ so for release-team, I beg for approval 2/2, I really hate to beg but
putting this in 2.8.0 is just asking for bad reviews... ]

--
Ronald S. Bultje <rbultje ronald bitfreak net>