Re: Regarding CD/DVD Burning

On Tue, 2004-09-21 at 18:22 -0700, Eugenia Loli-Queru wrote:

> Nautilus: CD data, DVD data, ISOs
> gThumb: Image catalogs (data), PhotoCDs
> Rhythmbox: CD Audio burning (with the excellent SoundJuicer doing ripping)
> Kino: VCD, SVCD, DVD (and maybe an option to load an external app that can
> do DVD menus, like iDVD, and then do the burning from there)

nautilus-cd-burner was never meant to be the be-all end-all of cd
burning apps. When I created it the plan was:

* Make it easy to use to just burn some files on a cd.
* Add an app that is easy to use to clone cds
* Integrate audio cd burning into rhythmbox or equivalent app
* Have a "full" nero/k3b style burning app for more complicated use

We still don't have a cloning app, but readcd -clone/cdrecord -clone in
recent versions of cdrecord should make that easy. We're starting to see
apps like gthumb and rhythmbox integrate cd burning using nautilus-cd-
burner. However, we still don't have any full cd burning app in good
enough state yet.

                   alexl redhat com    alla lysator liu se
He's a sword-wielding white trash shaman who hides his scarred face behind a
mask. She's an artistic thirtysomething research scientist from out of town.
They fight crime!