Re: Thoughts on 2.10

On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 18:32, John (J5) Palmieri wrote:
> On Wed, 2004-09-22 at 20:08, George Farris wrote:

> > 5) A good gtk CD/DVD burner application.
> Nautilus CD burner in 2.8 rocks.  You can even right click an iso and
> select it to be burned.  Rythembox supports burning music CDs in CVS.

Bzzt not. I love what Nautilus has done but as a CD/DVD writer it just
doesn't do some things such as, oh, copy a CD.  Take an mpeg file, build
and burn a dvd. Those kinds of things.

> > 6) Working point and click plugin installation for browsers.
> > 7) Consistent print dialog in all apps, browsers/office apps etc.
>
> Being done upstream as we talk (along with consistent file dialogs).
> FC3 will have this so it will be there when Gnome 2.10 ships.
>
> > If those could be solved for the next release and then start in on new
> > features again it would make a lot of people happy.
> >
> > Cheers

It does sound as if a lot of the things that people have mentioned are
being worked on, many people will be happy.

--
George Farris <george gmsys com>