Re: Regarding CD/DVD Burning

>>  And
>> in any case, is the Gnome Project moving in the direction of either
>> polishing and including the above applications to the core distribution, or
>> create a /new/ C-based multifunction burning app?
>
>Free software doesn't work that way... the question is, "is some person
>coding one of these things," not "is GNOME doing it"

Hi all,

I would just like to let you know that I'll be working on libburn next academic year, for my final year thesis.
Hopefully that will speed up development and get libburn (and Coaster) useable for projects like Gnome.
I will have to prepare a presentation as well (preferably with some demo apps) so it would be cool to port nautilus-cd-burner from cdrecord to libburn (if I can pull that off and if we get libburn far enough by then).

I don't think, however, that Coaster/Burn will have evolved far enough in time for Gnome 2.10.
So if you're looking to include an all-round burning app, it would have to be a cdrecord front-end, like most others.

Kind regards,

Steven Van Impe
(currently studying at the University of Ghent, Belgium)