Re: The future of the release team

On 24Sep2004 08:54AM (+0100), Mark McLoughlin wrote:

> 	Right, but there's no need for us to "own" the broad responsibility for
> the release. Individuals can own tasks and the entire community should
> share the overall sense of responsibility for the release.

I said I wasn't going to say anything else, but I can't resist one
more comment. I think this is really the only point in your plan I
disagree with. Everything else sounds like a reasonably good process,
but I do think some person or small group should "own" broad
responsibility for the release (even if that person or group doesn't
cover all the release tasks). Everyone owning the responsibility
collectively seems likely to end up much like no one owning it.

Regards,
Maciej