Re: Revisiting the GNOME Panel in general...

On Fri, 2004-09-24 at 17:09, Scott James Remnant wrote:

> I always wondered why your left-most got the "hiding" treatment and not
> the right-most, heh.

It's presumably just to maintain positional consistency for the
remaining icons, since the Windows systray is right-aligned on the
panel.  On the quicklaunch area of the panel, which is left-aligned (or
would be if the Start menu wasn't there), it *is* the right-most icons
that are hidden.

IIRC Windows XP doesn't really hide systray icons when there are too
many of them, btw-- it hides them when they haven't done anything for a
while (or if you explicitly tell it not to show particular ones).  If
that doesn't give us some clues as to what some of the guidelines for
notification icons should be, I dunno what does :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group