Re: the future of the release team

Yesterday at 20:20, Ian McKellar wrote:

> So make whatever changes are needed internally in the team, but don't
> forget that what you've been doing has been successful beyond my wildest
> dreams.

I think the point Mark was trying to get across is that it should be
*us* (Mark, me, you, anybody else) who're doing it, not some
abstract "them" (The Release Team).  Lets try to achieve the same,
without putting so much burden on small number of people.  So,
"whatever changes are needed internally" is not really up to it,
because changes might need to go on globally (i.e. when you think of
freeze-break approvals, you should also think about working on them
yourself).

I can imagine that it might go not that well during the first run,
but even if that happens, I'm sure many will be encouraged to step up.
So basically, I'd like to see Mark's ideas on trial, and I believe
and agree there's more to be gained than lost.

Cheers,
Danilo