Re: Simple menu editor

Am Montag, den 11.04.2005, 10:25 +0100 schrieb Mark McLoughlin:
> Hi,
> 	I'm just about to import a very simple menu editor to gnome-menus based
> on Calum's mockup some time ago:
>
>   http://www.gnome.org/~calum/usability/specs/menu-edit/
>
> 	Build gnome-menus HEAD and run "gmenu-simple-editor" to try it out.
>
> 	This is pretty much the same as Christian's gnome-menu-editor, but with
> less features. I thought it might good idea to try and explain why I
> went with a new editor with less features :-)

Note that the menu editor I put up is not only based on Calum's
proposal, we also were and are still in contact to improve it. Most of
the features that it has are actually based on proposals Calum sent me.
He recently seemed to be quiet satisfied with the features it provides.
I don't really see any point in developing more menu editors, taken that
we're on the 2.12 track. Instead, we should focus on ranting in private
or public on gnome-menu-editor, making usability studies/improvements.
People will be confused what the "official" way to edit their menus is.
If you want, I can also completely remove my codebase from CVS and your
implementation can be shifted to the gnome-menu-editor, if my code
quality doesn't match your requirements and you don't want to dig into
the gme-util.[ch] mess.
I'm really convinced that we need one common effort.

--
Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>