Re: Evince as universal "Viewer"

Hi,

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 11:25 -0300, Steven Garrity wrote:

> I don't think there is really anything wrong with Eye of Gnome, but it
> might be nice to have *one* simple document/image viewer, rather than
> one for PDFs and one for other image formats, when they are so close in
> UI and core functionality.

	Lots of people have been saying this, and I love evince, but I don't
really understand the rationale. An image *is* very different from a
document and perhaps the UI is similar, but I don't expect to want to
search for text, or scroll through pages, or a look at an index or ...
with an image.

	e.g. in the real world, you handle photos and books very differently.

Cheers,
Mark.