Re: Evince as universal "Viewer"

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 16:44 +0100, Andrew Sobala wrote:
> On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 17:27 +0200, Thom Holwerda wrote:
> > Also note that
> > ordinary users will not ecnounter long pdf files with only text;
> > they'll have .doc for that. They'll mostly use it for very graphical
> > manuals and product announcements and such.
> >

> That's not actually the case. Lots of PDF files are long texty manuals,
> or documents you've just been e-mailed, or someone's paper, etc. etc.

Agreed, most of the PDFs I read are 200+ pages long.  Take away my rapid
page navigation, bookmarks, ToC and page thumbnails at your peril.

PDFs may be used for adverts on web sites, but that is not the primary
use.  Personally I'm still waiting for evince to let me fill in PDF
Forms. :)

Ross
                                          jabber: ross burtonini com
                                     www: http://www.burtonini.com./