Re: gnome-screensaver in CVS

On Fri, 22 Apr 2005 14:42:51 -0400, William Jon McCann wrote:
> gnome-screensaver is now being maintained in GNOME CVS.
>
> There is a preferences tool included:
> <http://acs.pha.jhu.edu/~mccannwj/GNOME/Screenshot-Screensaver%20Preferences.png>
> <http://acs.pha.jhu.edu/~mccannwj/GNOME/Screenshot-Screensaver%20Preferences-1.png>

Will there be a random screensaver mode? I quite liked that feature of
the current xscreensaver.

Also could you drop me a mail at mh codeweavers com, a few weeks ago I was
experimenting with Wine/xscreensaver integration but hit some problems. I
got it mostly working but it wasn't releasable. Are you interested in
working on this so people can use Windows screensavers?

I think that'd be a cool feature to have, if only because nice
screensavers are often given away on cereal packets, sold in tourist
traps etc. Actually I have one with pics of the Minnesota wildlife parks
I picked up at the last Wineconf so I'd quite like to have that mixed in
with some of the cooler JWZ hacks (GLMatrix!! ;)

thanks -mike