Re: Default Session in GDM

You can edit the /etc/X11/gdm/gdm.conf file and modify the DefaultSession
value to the default session you want.  This should make the session the
default for all users of gdm2 on the system.  You may need to restart
GDM by running gdm-restart as root (a reboot will also work).  Running
gdm-restart logs out all users on the system.  If this isn't acceptable,
then you can run gdm-safe-restart, which will wait until the next time
GDM2 has no users logged in, and will then restart.

Brian

There no gnome-session RPM installed I have only GDM and my Sesssion. Now I want to set my session as the default for GDM so that any user logs in my session will start and fetch my desktop.

As written I created a .desktop(susant.desktop) file for my session in path /user/share/xsessions. and it showing at at at the GDM Login page (Session Button) and works fine if I first select my session and and then login. But I want to make defaut for everybody.

regards
Susant

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 Christian Neumair wrote :
 >Am Freitag, den 29.04.2005, 15:16 +0000 schrieb Susant Kumar Padhi:
 > > I want make My session as the default session.
 >/etc/gdm/gdm.conf, DefaultSession
 >
 >--
 >Christian Neumair <chris gnome-de org>

Susant Kumar Padhi