Re: gnome-about-me

<quote who="John Williams">

> Previously the home for this functionality has been suggested as "About
> GNOME", but it strikes me that the "About Me" capplet is much more likely
> to be seen by a large proportion of users than the "About GNOME" dialog.
> An argument against putting it in "About Me" is that vendors may modify
> "About Me" but are not likely to modify "About GNOME".
>
> Thoughts?

Your argument against it is one of the major reasons why I think the About
GNOME app is the only appropriate place for this sort of feature. Distros
are far less likely to remove it there, where it's not getting in the user's
way.

- Jeff

--
GNOME Summit 2005: October 8th-10th         http://live.gnome.org/Boston2005

     "First: This is not a race." - Jody Goldberg on the Free Software
                                  desktop