Re: gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)

On Fri, Aug 26, 2005 at 02:03:00PM -0400, Bryan Clark wrote:
> I don't have a problem "me too"ing this request, since I think I've been
> asking for spell checking for all text-entry widgets for the past two
> years as well as a richer textview widget.  IMHO we should have a
> textview widget that is good enough to pretty much replace
> GtkHTMLEditor, with undo/redo and easy to add font, style, and color
> widgets for text areas.  Good spell checking is just another part of
> good text input.

We've got several of the desired widgets/gtkactions in goffice now.
    - font face combo
    - alignment combo and widget (including rotation)
    - colour combo
    - undo/redo stack
    - image file selection

I'd also like to see some of the evince/MS Office XP widgets show up
    - the sidebar
    - firefox style search entry

even something as simple as a zoom combo could be standardized.
There are a plethora of document-centric activities that are being
replicated.

Given the plethora of apps with some forms of drawing
    - gimp
    - inkscape
    - gnumeric/abi
It's also possible to make a case for things like
    - gradient selectors
    - line width/style selectors
    - pattern/stipple selectors