Re: gtkspell (was Re: Announcing: Project Ridley)

On Tue, 2005-08-30 at 20:57 +0800, Davyd Madeley wrote:

> Some examples I can think of:
>  - X-chat
>  - Gossip (it has a kind-of-something)/Gaim
>  - Epiphany/Firefox text entries
>  - blog app (Drivel uses GtkSpell)
>  - Evolution (using gnome-spell, which is not my favourite checking UI)
>  - freeform notes in Tomboy (has something today), Nautilus, etc.
>  - word processors/spreadsheets (spell checking in formula bar) etc.

Ah yes, had forgotten about chat/IM apps, at least (although much as I'd
like it to be, I somewhat doubt that spelling is ever going to be of
paramount importance when using those...)

> It would also be nice to have a consistent feel for spell checking
> throughout the desktop. It's the kind of feature that sets you apart
> from the riffraff of desktop OSes.

Absolutely agree there, was really just pondering whether it was worth
the effort of integrating into gtk, or keeping separate.  More inclined
to agree now that it would probably be useful, though.

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group