Re: EOG features

Behdad Esfahbod wrote:
Rotating jpegs is lossless.  And that's a good reason to autosave
on rotation :)

This is how Windows does it and I have mixed feeling about it.

On one hand it's an instant-apply thing, which is good.

On the other hand, there are times when I want to just rotate an image for viewing, but not modify the data.

A use case for the latter is my next door neighbor, who bought an expensive Sony digital camera. He plugged it into his computer to view photos in Windows. As he used them, he rotated to the correct orientation, which got saved. Immediately thereafter, the Sony firmware was telling him him images are corrupt when he tried viewing them on the camera itself. He went nuts about his precious photos from Australia. I rotated them back and they magically worked.

Anyway, I think that click-to-rotate + Ctrl-S isn't a big deal to avoid this.

--Pat