Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

Jeff Waugh wrote:
<quote who="Anna Marie Dirks">

Which side pane will you be using by default - tree or places?

Places.

Cool. We're doing the same, and that appears to be the upstream default in
browser mode. I'd love to see this as the default in 2.14.

Totally agree :)

For general purpose use, the browser is a much safer bet. Its also more familliar to windows/OSX converts and if you make use of the places sidebar and bookmarks then its also extremely productive to use (at least for me).

To be productive with spatial requires a bit of a learning curve (IE flattening out hierarchies, learning keybord shortcuts etc) so its best left as a non-default setting IMO.

--
Mr Jamie McCracken
http://www.advogato.org/person/jamiemcc/