Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

On 12/26/05, Chipzz <chipzz ulyssis org> wrote:
> I would hardly call using a browser to look for something in http fol-
> ders "convenient". It lacks for example an easy and consistent way to go
> one directory up (and no, clicking on a hyperlink is hardly "consistent".
> Not when there could be an up button in the browsers toolbar).

Just wanted to point out that there is a supported way to mark "up" in
HTML documents but people have ignored it pretty efficiently. If they
hadn't, one could have that up button, and it would work as expected.
In current situation it would at most times be cluttering useless grey
thing (if context sensitive to the availability of the up markup).

For an example, go to

  http://pygtk.org/pygtk2reference/gtk-class-reference.html

where you can with epiphany navigate to the index page of the 1)
reference 2) whole site by presing alt-uparrow. Dunno how(if) it works
with other browsers though.

--
Kalle Vahlman, zuh iki fi