Re: Browser Mode by Default [Was: Nautilus]

On Fri, 23 Dec 2005, Eric Larson wrote:

> Yet, users have also been exposed to the world wide web (which I doubt
> anyone would argue has not been successful reaching critical mass) and
> learned to handle massive amounts of data using hypertext.

I would hardly call using a browser to look for something in http fol-
ders "convenient". It lacks for example an easy and consistent way to go
one directory up (and no, clicking on a hyperlink is hardly "consistent".
Not when there could be an up button in the browsers toolbar).

You're giving a real bad example to start from, IMHO.

kr,

Chipzz AKA
Jan Van Buggenhout

                 UNIX isn't dead - It just smells funny
                           Chipzz ULYSSIS Org
"Baldric, you wouldn't recognize a subtle plan if it painted itself pur-
 ple and danced naked on a harpsicord singing 'subtle plans are here a-
 gain'."