Remembering noble goals (was: Gnome 2.10 Showstoppers)

Hi,

Luis Villa wrote:
> Yeah, absolutely not. It would be great for someone to do an audit of
> this kind of thing and have it as a focus for 2.12, but it totally
> isn't a showstopper.

I wonder how best to group these things together so that people
don't forget about them after a release - often you see comments
"next release cycle, we will audit X" (sometimes it's even "this
release cycle").

Among things I have seen that fit into this category is
performance. It would be really cool if every maintainer made
performance a headline, measurable goal for 2.12 (reduce total
memory footprint of GNOME by 10%, improve startup speed by 10%?)

I don't know what decent metrics might be, but they should be
measurable and attainable goals.

Cheers,
Dave.

--