Re: Warts, Features and Icebergs [Was: Request for breakage in gnome-panel]

On Sat, 12 Feb 2005 22:46:30 -0500, Bryan Clark wrote:
> So what if we are flamed for removing this?  If it's the right thing to
> do, isn't that worth getting flamed for? ;-)

Um, generally if you get flamed for a change that means lots of people
think it's *not* the right thing to do.

By all means, have the courage of your convictions, but don't ignore
criticism of decisions when it's backed up by actual points.

FWIW I am like Colin and use the run option all the time, because the
Fedora desktop server the university runs does not have emacs in the menu.
Should it? Yes. Does it? No. Will it anytime soon? Probably not. Our
admins are not gods, unfortunately.