Re: Request for breakage in gnome-panel

On Sun, 2005-02-13 at 15:18 +0100, Vincent Untz wrote:
> Le dimanche 13 février 2005 à 08:44 -0500, Havoc Pennington a écrit :
> >And the rest of the thread didn't address these release team questions.
> >A simple "no, we can't take this now due to already-written docs but it
> >will go in 2.12" is fine.
>
> I suppose that I should mention here I'll commit the patch as soon as we
> branch and start the work for 2.12.

I didn't have the feeling there was consensus on this. Maybe in the end
it's just a maintainer's decision, but I actually had the impression
that most people voted in favor of keeping the menu item.

Also, isn't that something that should also go to the usability list?
Opening a terminal for running applications that are not in the menu yet
(or guessing the correct keybinding), seems a bit complicated for normal
users. Not that I would need the item myself, but I do realize that it
is not realistic to expect that it is completely unnecessary for
everyone.

-Samuel
|      Samuel Abels       |   http://www.debain.org    |
| spam ad debain dod org  | knipknap ad jabber dod org |