Re: Exciting GNOME?

<quote who="Link Dupont">

> Not sure why we feel the need to have such a theme as a default though;
> the only reason I can see is to compete with OS X (lets face it, we've got
> Windows XP Luna beat, even with themes like Crux o_O).  Do we want to
> advertise GNOME as a flashy eye-candy based Desktop? I always liked
> GNOME's clean, basic, simple interface; it was never cluttered with
> bouncing icons and flashing lights. That always appealed to me. Is the
> motivation for a flashy new theme to effectively gain more "market" share?

Do you think of OS X's look'n'feel as flashy eye-candy? I don't. :-) It is
very clean, very fresh, minimal in most cases (and becoming less funky with
every OS X release). It might appear to be flashy because it's so different.

- Jeff

--
gnome.conf.au 2005: April 19th             http://live.gnome.au/Canberra2005

    "...and did you know that Twisties have real cheese in them?" - Dave
        "I didn't even think they had real twists in them!" - Andrew