Re: Next Generation Themeing (was Re: Exciting GNOME?)

On Wed, 16 Feb 2005 12:36:14 -0600, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:

> It would be nice if we could just get a default theme that doesn't
> make users cringe, and worry about adding fancy stuff later as the
> technology becomes available.  I would really hate to see us miss
> yet another release because everybody was too busy discussing Star
> Trek future stuff.

Totally agreed.  We at least need a short term facelift for Gnome,
both because of aesthetics and because then we could finally end all
these interminable threads about themes...  Personally, I no longer
care what theme is picked--I'm just certain that I'm going to try to
help dogpile whatever looks like consensus so that we can move on.
;-)

Cheers,
Elijah