Re: [g-a-devel] Re: gok broken with new libwnck

On Tue, 2005-02-22 at 10:09 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:

> I know the position you're in sucks, but I'm willing to help you out
> with it.  Note that Anders Carlsson changed API in libwnck for
> wnck_window_close in an identical fashion *during* the 2.6 stable
> series.  Given that kind of precedent, I don't think it's unreasonable
> to change API during the unstable series.

You make it sound as if that change didn't cause any problems.  But it
did cause rather big problems for the Perl bindings of libwnck, because
there was no way to find out if we compile against 2.6.2 or 2.6.2.1 just
by using preprocessor directives.  We ended up using pkg-config and a
custom #define.

I'm not complaining, though.  I just wanted to point out that the 2.6
change did cause problems.

--
Bye,
-Torsten