Re: GNOME System Monitor will use libgnomesu

Mark McLoughlin wrote:
	As I said in the thread, there is nothing fundamentally Red Hat/Fedora
specific about usermode.

As as I said: the fact is, usermode/consolehelper is only available in a handful of distributions.

	Anyway, Nalin and Jindrich (the maintainers), have no problem moving
usermode upstream to GNOME.

Great, go ahead. But I'm not holding my breath. People have been discussing this kind of things for YEARS, and nothing happened. Until the day usermode (or something similar to usermode) has been moved upstream, libgnomesu will be there to fill the gap.