Re: GDM maintainership

George:

On Wed, Jan 12, 2005 at 10:06:43AM -0600, Brian Cameron wrote:

I would be happy to help out with coordinating patches and doing releases.
I probably wouldn't have much additional time to do more coding/bughunting,
though.

I was actually thinking about you when I sent the email, but I suspected that
you wouldn't have too much spare extra time.  Feel free to do maintainer type
things in gdm if they need to be done until someone with copious free time
shows up to take over :)

I'd be happy to do maintainer type things for gdm2.  However, I have never
been the maintainer for any GNOME module before (or any FOSS project).  So I'm
not really sure what needs to be done.  Also, I'm now working at Sun's Chicago
office and I'm separated from most of the other Sun employees who have
experience maintaining modules (who mostly work from Dublin or San Francisco).

So, if you would be willing to spend some time with me to explain what I'd
need to do, then I'd be happy to do the work going forward.  I do have the
extra time to devote to this.  Perhaps it would be easier to discuss over
the phone?  If so, I could certainly call you on Sun's dime.

It's you guys (I mean Sun) that have the most gdm patches anyway :) I think
right now really it's just some of the reorg that you guys (Sun again) are
doing.  I dunno how that plays out with the freeze things, gdm is still
really at version 2.6 having kind of missed any actual new stuff in the 2.8
release.

Right.  Most of the work Sun is now doing for gdm2 is for SunRay, and the
SunRay project is on its own schedule.  They aren't really scheduled to have
a finished product that includes gdm2 for a while, so that's what is going
on with that.

--

Brian