Introduction (was GDM maintainership)

Hi everyone.

My name is Brian Cameron and I've volunteered to do maintainership duties for
GDM for the time being.  George has graciously volunteered to help review
patches, and I'll work to keep GDM on the GNOME release cycle.  Just to
introduce myself a bit, I work for Sun Microsystems and have worked on
GNOME for the past 4 years.  I have contributed to the GNOME project by
working on various a11y components (mainly libgail), performance tuning
(improvements to gdk-pixbuf scaling, integrating gdk-pixbuf with Solaris'
hardware accelleration chipset), GStreamer, and generally getting GNOME
working properly with Solaris.

I was involved with getting GDM into Solaris because it related to
accessibility.  I've been working on GDM for the past 2 years working
on getting GDM to work in an accessible fashion (gesture listeners) and
integrated into Solaris (audit/logindevperm).  I took GDM through Solaris'
ARC process which requires documenting interfaces which also resulted in
improvements to the GDM documentation.  I've also written some man pages
that Sun is using but aren't yet in public CVS.  These need to be edited
and converted from SGML to NROFF, and I could use some help from somebody
who knows how to do that.  Then we could ship GDM with better and more
complete man pages.

I'm new to being a maintainer so don't hesitate to send me an email if
I'm overlooking anything.  You can also reach me as user "yippi" on
various irc.gimp.org channels like  #gnome and #sun.

I'm happy to have this opportunity to contribute to this free software
project.  Let's keep it fun.  There's plenty of work to do, and it anybody
is looking for ways to contribute just let me know and I can point you
to some things.

Thanks to George for all the great work he's done.  Hopefully he'll have
more time to think about cool new GDM features.

Brian