Re: Integrated CD ripping/playing (instead of goobox/sound juicer)

I would expect to see the audio CD showing the data as wav files.
Providing there is a right click option for play and for compress to
[file] and/or I can drag the file onto my ogg encoder why should I be
troubled with detail. That makes it the same as a wav file on disk.

In the longer term I would as an end user also expect that if I dragged
my file from a CD to my ogg player/mp3 player/etc that it automatically
got converted to a suitable format according to the device information
know by HAL. I don't see why it is the users problem to know how to do
such a conversion or perform it (or indeed to know it happens) - the
logical operation is "put music in player" not "transfer bits". If I
drag a file to the printer I don't have to right click  "convert to ps"
first.

Alan