Re: gtk-engines photographed eating children

Ok on this I have to ask, why on earth would you have versioned this way
to begin with?

Each gtk engine has its own version, what happens if gnome-themes had
stopped providing one of these engines anyway(not just moved, removed),
would you have continued following gnome-themes versions for new
packages of the engines even as the discrepency between the official
number and gnome-themes got greater?

Just because the meta-source-package has changed doesn't mean the
version has.

Mist is what, at 0.7? This wouldn't have changed anything from that
perspective except maybe a patch number on the package...

I have no idea how to fix this problem, but I don't see that it has
anything to do with the move to gtk-engines except in that it exposed a
faulty way of numbering the engines to begin with.

Andrew

--
Andrew Johnson <ajgenius ajgenius us>